First Aid at Work
September 29, 2010 Leave a comment
Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train employees of organisations to become competent first-aiders in the workplace, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations.
Length and Structure of the Course
The course will take place over 3 days.
The hours of attendance on each of the three days will be from 09.15 AM to 4.45 PM, which includes a 45 minute break for lunch and 15 minutes for coffee/tea breaks.
The following subjects will be taught on the course:-
- Treatment and control of bleeding.
- Treatment of shock.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Contents of first-aid boxes and their use.
- Recognition of illness.
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Treatment of minor injuries.
- Treatment of burns and scalds.
- Treatment of eye injuries.
- Simple record keeping and reporting.
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds.
- Communication and delegation in an emergency.
Course Cost: 180 KD per participant
Course Date: 10 – 12 October 2010
Interested candidate is kindly requested to contact 997 667 08 for registrations or more information